Mazal tov, Beth Am Shalom
Carrying Torah scrolls in the procession are, from left, Allan Zucker, Lois Pollinger, Hal Kravetz, and Evelyn Zucker.
November 15, 2010
Led by Rabbi Stephen Gold, members of Temple Beth Am Shalom paraded through the streets of Lakewood Oct. 24, with leaders of the Reform congregation carrying its Torah scrolls from the old synagogue on Carey Street to its new home at 1235 Highway 70. Along the way, they were accompanied by cheers and flag waving; the procession was met at the new synagogue for the sanctuary dedication by guests singing, chanting, and applauding.
Among the dignitaries in attendance was State Sen. Robert Singer.
Temple Beth Am Shalom was established in 2007 when Temple Beth Am in Lakewood and Temple Beth Shalom in Toms River merged. The $5.4 million construction of the new temple, which began in 2008, was paid for through fund-raisers and the sale of the two previous synagogue buildings. The new 18,000-square-foot structure is on more than seven acres of land. For more information, visit www.BethAmShalom.org.